Friday 18 November 2011

There are more questions than answers...

II'm regretting giving this post that title as I've been humming that tune ever since. Anyway.... I was tagged by the lovely Gemma from Storm in a K cup (more about her later) to answer the 10 questions meme. I have not done a meme in a while, if you don't count Meal Planning Monday, Life Circle or the Gallery so I thought I'd give it a go. All you have to do is answer the 10 questions, tag a few people, then return to the original post and comment so that the tagger knows you have completed your mission.

So, I'd best get on with it then!



Describe yourself in seven words.
(Oh, bloody hell. No, that's not 3 of them. If they are, I just bust the 7 word limit)

Intelligent, lively, social media addict, two kids.

What keeps you awake at night?


Twitter and money (well, lack of it). The two are not connected. Nope, not one bit. Possibly also, what things I have to do tomorrow. My to do list seems never-ending.

Who would you like to be?

I can't think of any one particular person. I'd like to be more comfortable financially and feel more secure but other than that, I don't want to be anyone else. Boring, I know, but I honestly can't think of anyone.

What are you wearing now? 

Mum gear, I guess! Black Tog 24 fleece hoodie, another purple hoodie underneath (it was cold earlier, kay?), purple vest top, jeans, boots. Hot or not? Not, I'd say. If you'd waited five minutes, I'd be in my gym gear as I'm off to Body Pump this evening as the class this morning was cancelled.

What scares you?

Rats. Lack of money. Bad things happening to my children. Death.

What is the best and worst thing about blogging?

The best is that it has provided both me and my family some fabulous opportunities that we would never have had otherwise. The children really don't realise how lucky they are sometimes. I also genuinely like writing posts, even when I've got a lot on.

The worst is when I have too much on and I don't know which way to turn. Keeping a balance talking about things I've been sent and places we've been invited to with stuff about our actual lives or things I've been thinking of can be hard. Sometimes, the balance gets tipped too far but never for too long. I hope that means that I don't annoy my readers too much. It's my blog, my rules so sometimes it just has to be. I try to write constructively, but sometimes if I don't like something, I will say so. When I did that about my trip to Huddersfield Town, it caused such a stir I ended up in the local paper and I've since met the Commercial Director of the club so it has had a positive outcome as it got the topic discussed and the club some food for thought. I don't just say nice things about a brand because they send me free things. There are certain brands I would never accept freebies from, nor would I write nice things about them either? (Naming no names.... *cough* Nestlé *cough*).

What was the last website you looked at? 

Sadly, it was the BBC News website. In particular, this feature about slow TV because it mentioned The Killing, which starts a second series on Saturday night on BBC Four and I can't wait! Having said that, whoever has written the article is unaware that the second series is only 10 episodes long. Yes, I know I'm a pedant. What of it?

If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? 

I'd like to unlearn my ability to procrastinate. Working from home does not help this as my children are messy and there is ALWAYS something to be done (and I'm not particularly houseproud).

Slankets, yes or no?

Bizarre question! My answer would be no. If you're cold, put a jumper on or get in your bed.

Tell us something about the person who tagged you.

Ah, well now. I first came across Gemma when she was on the radio. She was on Rock FM's breakfast show with Adam Catterall which used to be great entertainment on my way into work of a morning. I used to laugh myself silly in the car sometimes. If I'm not mistaken, Gemma was the first person to get married at Blackpool Tower, then she disappeared off travelling. I'd kind of lost track of where she was until someone mentioned her on Twitter in a tweet to me and I discovered she now has a baby boy called Blake. Although she comes from the area where I live, she doesn't live here now so I've never met her but we do chat on Twitter. She reads my blog, which I find amazing. She's lovely and her blog header is just bloody hilarious. 

So, it now falls to me to tag some willing volunteers (OK, some of them aren't!) to carry this on. Feel free to ignore but I'd love to read your answers.

Lynne from HonieMummy blog because she knows me in real life.
Fay from Glass Half Full because she volunteered and is a lovely and inspirational lady.
Cass from Frugal Family because she admitted she needed the inspiration!
The Boy's Mother from The Boy And Me because I'm curious what she'll say.
Yorkshire Mum from Yorkshire Mum at Large because I owe her a tag and it'll remind me.


blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails