Monday 28 March 2011

Meal Planning Monday

I've just realised I gave this totally the wrong name last week. Mrs M, from At Home with Mrs M, has actually called it Meal Planning Monday and I called it Menu Planning Monday. Only two words different and subtly different meaning. Hey ho and profuse apologies to Mrs M. 

So, last week's menu went mostly to plan, except I changed Saturday's as I remembered I had some nice beefburgers in the freezer so we had those grilled, with a potato and sweet potato wedges and salad. Everything else went down well - the Rosti Bolognese Pie went down a storm as did the Honey Mustard Pork and two casseroles. I loved the Mustard Chicken with Bacon but my husband was not wild about it. 

As I mentioned last week, I actually planned this week's meals last week. I've already had to tweak the plans as Missy Woo is having a friend come to tea on Tuesday. 

So, here we go for this week commencing 28th March

Monday - leftover Pork and Veg Casserole (see last week)
Tuesday - Pizza for children, Chickpea with Chorizo and couscous
Thursday - Sausages with Onion Gravy (slow cooker) with mash and peas
Saturday - Roast Vegetable Pasta
Sunday - Mother's Day; I'm not cooking - we're going to Parkers Arms for lunch and I can't wait! 

Hmm, lots of pork again this week! Will have to be a bit more balanced next week, maybe some chicken again?

You can find more entries for Meal Planning Monday over at Mrs M's blog.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails