Friday 27 August 2010

Dear So and So - nursery, dog owners, Daily Mail and Blogladesh

Dear So and So...
Dear nursery staff,

Thank you so much. Missy Woo has had a ball there for the last 3 and a bit years and Monkey had a great time too. We're all going to miss you but we're going to pop back to say hello for Missy Woo to show off her school uniform.

Hope you liked the cake, Monkey and Missy Woo's Mummy.

Dear children,

I am going to miss you when you go away tomorrow. No, really, I am. It's just you sneaking out of bed early and trashing various rooms of the house that I won't miss. And the noise. And the constant demands.

Be good children now for Granny and Grandad.

Lots of love, Mummy

Dear dog owner,

If you notice my child freaking out because of your dog, even if it is on a lead, please attempt to move away from or avoid said child rather making it worse by marching towards the small whirl of arms, legs, screams and red face with dog. Don't make it worse or I'll need your address to send you the therapist's bill.

Yours not-so-faithfully,

Kate

Dear Daily Mail,

I really do wonder. Changing copy to put words in my mouth and then not allowing me to comment on the article online. Hmm. And you're the ones that bang on about freedom of speech, and the Big Brother culture. Pot. Kettle. Black!

No love, Me.

Dear blog readers,

You, on the other hand, have been wonderful (again) (see comments). Your support means the world to me. I'm going to stop banging on about it now or your collective heads won't get through the door.

Love and kisses*, Kate.

Dear Josie, Sian and Eva,

The very best of luck on your Blogladesh trip.

Safe journey, Kate.

*Kisses are non-transferable and non-redeemable as real kisses. I'm not kissing the bloody lot of you!

10 comments:

  1. OK, spill the beans. How did the darling DM pervert your words?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate,
    Thank you for your support - kisses right back at ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the great wishes, keep on at your neighbour about the dog, we've had similar issues, people can be unkind when children are literally peeing their pants in fear, lots of love xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you came accross well in the DM article. Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! Have had my own problems with the Daily Mail - horrors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I listed them in the post about the article... but basically, they quoted me as saying I don't have time for "trivialities" such as moisturiser and mascara. I do use moisturiser, and I don't use mascara that much because I don't really like it or stuff near my eyes. And I would never call them trivialities as they are important to some and not others. Then they said I'd lost two stone - but I don't weigh myself. OK, I have lost weight but just annoyed they plucked a figure out of the air. And finally, they said I was phobic about operations. I'd just rather avoid unnecessary ones.

    Reasonably minor details but I got slated on the DM site for that quote. However, apparently, others were worse off than me. The journalist that interviewed said the changes were made by the DM, probably to fit their idea of the article. I was obviously slovenly tired mother.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No worries Sian. Hope your journey has been good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Eva. The dog thing is not actually neighbours - we were out somewhere where there were lots of dogs on leads and I had immense trouble managing the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Michelle, I've been told I came across as down to earth. Which I hope I am!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh Suzie, you've piqued my curiosity now. You're going to have to tell me more. ;)

    Thanks for commenting anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails