Monday 8 August 2011

Meal Planning Monday


Third week of the holidays! My, it's flying. Last week's plan went OK but the campers brought some sausages home which went in the slow cooker, meaning we never got round to having burgers and we never got to have the roast on Sunday as we were invited to a very last minute family get-together on Sunday. Whilst the children were saway, I found some paneer in Asda and made a fantastic paneer and spinach curry.

As I'm writing this on Sunday night and I don't feel overly enthused with eating as I'm stuffed from the party. Do not expect miracles! Here's this week's plan:


Monday - Lentil dhal with rice
Tuesday - Bacon and sweetcorn chowder with fresh bread
Wednesday - Homemade burgers, chips, and salad
Thursday - Honey and mustard pork, mash and broccoli
Friday - Roast lamb
Saturday - Herby mushroom pasta with garlic bread
Sunday - Kept free

No fish still! I can't think of anything to do with it that's vaguely summery. Suggestions welcome for next week (though they are off camping again next week and the menu will be shorter again!

Why not pop over to Mrs M's blog for more meal planning entries? And why not tell me what are you having this week?
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails