Monday 11 April 2011

Losing my cool

Today, I'm going to share more with you than I've ever shared before. I feel quite vulnerable doing this so please do bear with me. You see, I've been tagged, as you do, by Pippa from A Mother's Ramblings because she wanted to see what guilty pleasures I've been concealing from you all. Then, Chris from Thinly Spread also tagged me before I got the chance to post.

I'm going to share with you the contents of my fridge. Yes, that's right. My fridge. Eep.

So, I took the photo on Friday night. Our shopping generally arrives on Tuesday and I store any meat that's not going to be used immediately in the freezer, plus a trip away means there might be less food than normal. I don't store fruit in the fridge unless it's berries etc. And there is rarely any booze in there!

Here we go...



(Try to ignore the broken shelf and the rubbish photography.)

I also have to itemise what is in inside. Deep breath...

There is: active yeast, tomato purée, sun-dried tomato purée, garlic purée, rosemary, half a lemon, root ginger, eggs, butter, coconut milk, balsamic salad dressing, semi-skimmed milk, milk chocolate ice cream sauce, cream of horseradish, lemon juice, lime juice, gravadlax sauce, goose fat, cornichons, red Thai curry paste, green Thai curry paste, tahini, pinole (dunno either - husband uses it), seeded wraps, coloured cheddar, white cheshire, ham, quince relish, pasta sauce (left over from a recipe), low fat Greek yogurt, raspberry yogurt, blueberry yogurt, low fat mayonnaise, ricotta (left over from another recipe), milk carton from school that Monkey didn't drink, sticky hoisin sauce, red pesto, capers, coarse grain mustard, christmas chutney (home made), chimichurri sauce, lingonberry sauce, squeezy mustard, margarine (for chocolate cake), leftover salad, leftover ricotta, spinach and tomato frittata, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, potatoes, onions, red peppers, carrots, basil, sweet potato, cucumber, flat leaf parsley, thyme.

I don't know if that was what Pippa was expecting, but that is what is there.

I guess I'd better tag a few people to carry this on and be brave like me. This has led me to have a brilliant idea. During April, I have been taking part in a comment group, so I've been getting to know a few other bloggers, whose blogs I am still discovering. I think this meme would be a brilliant ice-breaker so I'm going to tag them all.

So I am tagging

Helen at The Petit Mom
Kathryn at Diary of a (not so) Single Mum
Sabina at Mummy Matters
Laura at The McCaskie Clan
Clare at Seasider in the City
Liska at New Mum Online

Can't wait to see what they come up with!

Was my fridge what you expected? Were there any surprises? Do you think my fridge contents say anything about me? Let me know in the comments below. Be gentle.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails