Saturday 5 March 2011

Review: Copella Wedges


Monkey and Missy Woo both love "proper" fruit juice. None of us particularly like the stuff from concentrate. This is particularly true of that horrible brown stuff they call apple juice from concentrate. I like the cloudy stuff that looks like it's just been squeezed out of apples. Bit expensive tho, so it's a rare treat.

When I was asked if I'd like to review Copella Wedges, I didn't hesitate to say yes. They are small wedge-shaped cartons of apple juice so you can put them in lunchboxes or take them on trips out and still have freshly squeezed juice. Each carton can count towards one of your 5 a day too.

When I received them, I realised we'd been sent Apple & Elderflower - the other flavour being English Apple. I have to admit, I was a bit dubious as I thought the children might not appreciate it. However, they were keen to give it a try, so I opened one to let them both have a sip and they liked the taste. I had a taste myself and the elderflower taste was not overpowering and a really pleasant addition to the apple flavour.

Needless to say, our tester box did not last long. The only negative thing about them was that the straw seemed a bit fiddly to put in. Neither Monkey nor Missy Woo could insert the straw by themselves and I had to wrestle with it a bit to get the straw in.

My other quibble is with the price. At £2.49 for a box of only 4 wedges, they come with a hefty price tag. Personally, I think that's too expensive for most families and puts it in the category of occasional treat rather than regular purchase. Still, they were nice and I'd have them again. They just won't make my trolley every week. They'd be gone within 5 minutes of the children finding them.

Copella Wedges in English Apple or Apple and Elderflower are now available in all supermarkets. 

(I was sent a box of Copella Wedges to try and have received no other compensation. The opinions stated are my own and I have not been influenced by the aforementioned compensation.)
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails