Friday 17 June 2011

The Karaoke meme

So, I got tagged by Garry over at The Blog Up North to do a karaoke meme. I've written about music a few times on this blog but never about karaoke. There is a reason for this.

I don't like singing in public. Solo, at least. That sounds mad for someone who's sung in a choir but really, there is safety in numbers. I couldn't do it by myself so thank God I was never good enough to be given a solo. Generally, I need to follow someone else who can sight read or know the line I'm supposed to be singing better than me. Even then, I can sometimes get stage fright - I went to a rehearsal once and there was only two of us in my part. I was terrified.

Karaoke, therefore, is my idea of hell. But, were I to overcome this stage fright, possibly with the aid of some alcoholic beverages and an offer of half a million pounds a heck of a lot of persuasion, I'd probably be in a partay mood anyway. And so the song I'd make a fool of myself to would be this one:



Possibly with the help of a random passing male - my voice isn't deep enough for some of the bits. Or not - I might not care by that point. I just love this song anyway. It has formed part of the playlist of many a good night in my life. If a DJ hasn't got this, well then, he doesn't know how to get a good party going, does he?

And now it is my duty to tag some others to continue this meme. There's not many as it was late when I remembered this post so there's only one. If you want to join in, feel free to consider yourself tagged and get blogging.

My willing volunteer today is:

Dave at The Big Div


And if you don't blog, feel free to leave a comment instead.

ShowOff Showcase
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails