I love being online but that's not a particularly simple pleasure, is it? Some of my simpler ones are:
- the smell of freshly brewed coffee
- the feel of clean bed linen
- waking up, looking at the clock and realising it's not time to get up
- the excitement and joy in Monkey or Missy Woo's faces when I pick them up from school
- the children laughing or giggling
- hugs (especially from, yes, my children)
- and that hot cup of tea...
Trying to put some of those pleasures in photographic form for The Gallery was proving to be a challenge, especially as I have not had time to take some decent photos to depict any of them. Instead, I rummaged through my digital archives and found this little series of a baking session with Missy Woo that I took a couple of years ago, depicting one of her simple pleasures. One, I suspect, that will feature a few times in other posts this week.
It is, of course, chocolate.