Wednesday 17 November 2010

The Gallery - Before & After

When I first saw the prompt for week 35 of the Gallery, I was totally flummoxed. Situation normal there, as it's not the first time I've been stumped by one of Tara's prompts. But this one was "Before and After" and the brief was to recreate one of my older photos.

For a few days, I really thought I was going to have to give this one a miss. I mean, I have photos of me in my wedding dress and I'm not quite ready to try that one again. I've got pictures of the kids as babies which could be fun to recreate but they really aren't small anymore.

Then I realised the answer was virtually looking me in the face. I had the perfect picture, the means and the opportunity to recreate it. It's one I've used for the Gallery only a few weeks ago so you have seen it before. All I had to do was suggest it to Monkey. Thankfully, I caught him at a good time - he was eating - and he nodded enthusiastically in agreement. I wasn't sure what it would be like but in the end, it turned out pretty well.

So here is the Before picture, taken when Monkey was about 15 months old:


And here is the After, taken after tea tonight:


He still fits in but he has to crouch now.

And not to be outdone, Missy Woo had to join in too as she is surely her brother's shadow:



Why not take a look at the rest of the Gallery at Sticky Fingers? Or have a go yourself if you like. There are prizes on offer this week - two people will win the chance to create their own book with Blurb using their own words and photographs.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails